Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default JUST ONCE.....

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 1/24/2012 9:08 AM, Jack wrote:
On 1/23/2012 6:33 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/23/2012 5:03 PM, Jack wrote:
On 1/21/2012 6:25 PM, Swingman wrote:

Yes, it is expensive to set it off. Cartridge and blade.

You guys are wise. IMO, only a fool, with a single employee who's
job description included operating a table saw, would not have a
SawStop today.

Don't need no steenking saw stops...

Jack

Now I will have to say to trip the mechanism that many times you
also will have factor in positive trips that actually saved a finger
or hand.

Lets say one time in 50, at Approximately $25,000~$35,000 per
incident to cover emergency surgery and reconstruction and
rehabilitation and perhaps a prosthetic and lost wages, TIMES 8
equals $200,000~$280,000,

Yes cheap at 50 times the price.

Well I don't have one, nor a blade guard, nor a rive, and after 50
years of doing this, never nicked one fing-ee. Nor did either of my
brothers, nor did my dad. At my age, I would think owning one might
be a good idea, but, I don't need no steenking gov't dick head
mandating I buy one with a every new saw purchase.

Jack, you sound exactly like all the people that eventually did have
an accident. Almost verbatim your words came out of their mouths.
The longer you go with out having an accident the closer you are to
having one.

Not true. If the chances of anyone having an accident are X, then having
had no accidents doesn't increase your chances. That's elementary in
statistics. Roll 2 dice. You can calculate the chances for snake-eyes,
if nobody tampered with the dice. The next time you roll those same
dice, the chances for snake eyes are the same. Now, the chances for
rolling snake eyes some time increase with the number of rolls allowed.

To be really safe, the gov't would have to mandate we stay on the
couch, with a remote so we don't slip on an empty gov't approved
potato chip bag on the way to the gov't controlled TV.

To be really safe, don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

--
Best regards
Han