Posted to alt.home.repair
camryguy camryguy is offline

Default Vinyl Siding x2

On Jan 23, 11:06*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:56:36 -0800 (PST), camryguy

wrote:
My question is would a contractor discount the job if he did both
jobs. This property also needs a new roof--I should also mention that
this property, like mine is in Halifax NS and is one year older than
mine. Any help would be appreciated!

You'll have to ask. *Some will, some won't. * What makes it attractive
to do jobs together is saving setup time, but if they are some
distance apart, no time is saved. *Same with material. *If leftover
pieces from one job can be used on the other, some small savings may
result.

It really comes down to how hungry the contractor is. *If he is busy,
there is no need to discount at all. *If he is very slow and a couple
of hundred bucks gets him two jobs, he may go for it. *Just don't get
your expectations up for a huge discounts. *Other than some goodwill,
there is no practical reason for him to give you a lot of money
instead of earning it himself. *His insurance cost is still the same,
his truck will still burn the same amount of fuel, he is going to pay
the same for the nails.

Keep in mind, if you beat him up on price, he is more tempted to take
a shortcut.

You raise some good points. The houses are close, but not on the same
street. They are about two streets apart. Thanks for the heads up on
the price vs quality issue aswell! I don't want a headache for her or
myself down the road!