Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default shower head

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:48:32 -0600, "Doug"
wrote:

Recently (maybe 6 months ago) I replaced my 14 year old moen shower
head with another moen shower head. When I first replaced it all
worked fine but now I'm noticing some streams of water thru the head
go in another (slanted) direction rather than straight. I live in a
hard water area (Houston suburbs) so I expect this is the cause. I've
seen in the past saw tv commercials to solve this like using CLR. I'm
hesitant to believe the commercials so I ask here. One thing, I have
gold metal trim on this shower head so I don't want to hurt the gold
trim (perhaps shiny brass??). Suggestions?? Thank you.

I would take the shower head off, so I don't get any CLR on the rest
of the stuff.

First, I'd take it off and run a pin backwards thorugh each hole, to
get out little stones. If it's deposits, I'd use somethng just big
enough. I don't see how that could fail.

But if I still wanted to sue clr, if the head disassembles, I'd only
use clr on the plate with the holes.