Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie[_7_] Charlie[_7_] is offline

Default shower head

"Oren" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:48:32 -0600, "Doug"
wrote:

Recently (maybe 6 months ago) I replaced my 14 year old moen shower
head with another moen shower head. When I first replaced it all
worked fine but now I'm noticing some streams of water thru the head
go in another (slanted) direction rather than straight. I live in a
hard water area (Houston suburbs) so I expect this is the cause. I've
seen in the past saw tv commercials to solve this like using CLR. I'm
hesitant to believe the commercials so I ask here. One thing, I have
gold metal trim on this shower head so I don't want to hurt the gold
trim (perhaps shiny brass??). Suggestions?? Thank you.

White vinegar will dissolve the sediment in the shower head. Cost
less than CLR. Soak the shower head in a bowl of vinegar.

That's the right answer.