Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default gummer dweeber - no military service

On 1/22/2012 9:04 AM, David R. Birch wrote:

You're the one with the high IQ here, or so you say. So why are you
asking me how to do something other than you think I know more about it
than you do, which I do. But I'd rather you use that mighty brain of
yours and figure out a way to prove you have 20 Mensa "friends".
Personally, I don't believe you have 20 real friends of any kind.

So you know how to do what you requested? OK, if you can enlighten me, I
will acknowledge that. Otherwise, you're just blowing your usual smoke.

So you're not very practical either, huh? How about you get your friends
together for a party and video it. Have them all take out their Mensa
cards and show them and have them tell on camera how what a great friend
you are. Not so hard really. That is if you have all kinds of brainy
friends.

Not so much a machinist any more, now mainly a CNC programmer of Mazak
and Mitsubishi LASERs. The title on my business card says Manager of
Information Systems, since I also maintain the company network.

Oh, so you're just a regular working person. So how come you think
you're so spectacular in the brains dept. The way you talk about
yourself I'd have thought you would be teaching IT at MIT. Don't even
have a PhD either? What happened?

What is inconsistent in being a working person with lots of brains? It
beats having a meaningless poli sci BA and no brains.

Noting more than a world class athlete that doesn't choose to
participate in his sport or a professional level musician choosing not
to play music. You don't find people with exceptional abilities often
choosing not to use them and simply working at a regular job. People
with great abilities like to use them. You portray yourself as
exceptionally smart and me as being dumb. But you haven't really shown
in any way that either of those characterizations is near to being true.
You make assertions but that's all.

Yes, you're right. I don't know what you are referring to just like
everybody else. You're so cryptic that only you know what you are
talking about. Some people call that being so stupid only you can
understand you.

Others got the 2% reference, you missed it. Cryptic only to the
clueless.

Not hardly. How do I break this to you? Referring to the 2% could be any
number of things not just Mensa.

They did? How do you know that? You need to communicate better. People
can't just guess what you are getting at. No one knows what you mean.

Except for the several who started talking about Mensa, you mean?

You could have been referring to anything. Bring up the term 2% and
everybody doesn't just conclude MENSA! In fact, nobody even gives a ****
about Mensa. I can't even tell you the last time I heard anyone mention
it. Oh wait, yes I can. Ron Owens the radio talk show host from San
Francisco mentioned it a year or so ago because he's a member. Aside
from that nobody brings it up. Nobody really cares.

Are you talking about 2% of people qualifying to be in Mensa? You didn't
give enough information for anyone to know that you meant. So your poor
communication skill was the problem.

Those with a clue understood the reference. You didn't.

You mean you think I hadn't heard of Mensa, didn't know what it was, and
didn't know only 2% qualify for it? I knew about Mensa decades ago. But
it's not something I think about much so it doesn't just pop into my
head when someone mentions 2%. I'm more likely to think about the top 2%
of wealth than Mensa.

Yes, because the only expertise you show is in dispensing BS.

If you had brains you would understand the only thing I don't dispense
is BS. Here you have me or Gummer and you think Gummer is the truth
teller. And you claim to have brains? Ha, that's a good one.

I don't think Gunner tells the truth any more than you do. I do think
he's smarter than you. Again, a low hurdle.

If you are not aware that Gummer is a well known liar by now then you
are really ignorant. And after reading his lies, bull**** stories, and
insulting remarks you would find him intelligent only goes to show what
a truly lousy judge you are. As for smarts I don't think you're any
smarter than the average factory worker either. So I take your judgment
for what it's worth, jack ****.

I couldn't care less that the popular media is aimed at a 6th grade
level. I haven't been at that level since I was 11. You are the one I'm
worried about. I'm not sure you can handle the popular media. If it's
for 6th graders it's going to be hard for you.

Not really. I finished 2nd grade reading at 4th grade level.

Spent a year in a tuberculosis sanatorium with little to do but read.

Entered 4th grade reading at high school sophomore level.

Yet no PhD? How about a master's? Got one of those?

Never saw a need for them in what I wanted to do.

What a pussy way to say I never earned an advanced degree; I didn't do
the work. So I discount them as not being something I wanted to do. Lots
of others didn't do the work as you either. But then they don't act like
you do. Like you're as smart as those with better educations than you have.

Your response once again demonstrates how poor your reading
comprehension is.

My reading comprehension is in the top 1%.

Only in the Hawwke-ptooey unique universe occupied only by you.

You're like a wanna be bench warmer telling the starter he's no good.
We've all seen your kind. But there's a reason you're on the bench
instead of on the field. You're no good no matter how much you say
otherwise. You deal with that by pretending to be better than others
when you really aren't.

Unlike you, who are the sort of person I joined Mensa to avoid.

Going to prove that? If you and Gunner are examples of Mensa members
that's a club I sure would want no part of.

I'm sure that will never be an issue.

Because I couldn't care less about being in it. It might be a good
place
for a nerdy person like you though.

Once again you show us how little you know about how intelligent people
interact.

I've interacted many times with people with real PhDs so the smartest
people you can find are nothing I've not come across many times in my
life. Got along with them well and did not find myself out of my league
like you would be. You may be good in a group of computer nerds but
anywhere else you would be like a fish out of water.

Not really, although the PhDs I hang with don't spend nearly as much
time talking about educational degrees as you do.

The only time I talk about my education is when ignorant people tell me
I don't have one or that having one doesn't confer any benefit to me.
Most people realize right off the bat I'm someone with brains and
education because I have a wide latitude of knowledge. Only dumb people
don't recognize it.

So what else do you and Gummer have in common besides being liars.

Well, for all his faults, he also is smarter than you are.

Way smarter than you. His IQ is 158. He told us. But he's really
good at
hiding it. Just like you. Everyone thinks you aren't smart at all.

Everyone in the unique universe occupied only by Hawwke-ptooey.

Take a poll right here. Ask how many of the guys here thought you were
one of the smartest people in the group. You won't like the response.

I never made any such claim, only that I am obviously smarter than you.
Again, a low hurdle.

Is there an echo in here?

So the only thing you have established is that you make claims. What you
have not established is that you can prove any of them. Least of all
that you are any smarter than I am. You talk a good game but nobody has
seen your game.

No need to pretend, I know what my SAT scores were in '67.

That really tells me a lot. Mr. pocket protector.

What would be the point of my telling you my SAT scores? You wouldn't
believe me and I know of no way to objectively verify the scores.

To adults SAT scores mean nothing. You're no Steven Hawking yet you like
to make it sound like you have all kinds of proof of how smart you were
when you were young. As an adult you aren't on an elite level.

An elite level as judged by the holder of a mediocre BA from a mediocre
school?

Again, you're the person claiming the brilliant childhood and the degree
from a "name" school. So when do we get to see some evidence that you
are superior to anyone? You talk big. But that's all.

With the brains you claim you should. So how'd that happen?

So it didn't, except in your narrow little mind.

In my mind, no, in society's idea of what an elite is. You don't pass
the test on any level. A guy with a thirty year old college degree that
works in a factory thinks he's is one of America's elite. I think you've
been smoking too much dope lately. Your brain isn't functioning.

The difference is that you have no evidence, I can just point to what
you post.

You haven't a shred of evidence either but that never stops you from
making unsupported pronouncements. No one with character acts like you
do. It's obvious. You deny the truth constantly and make accusations
with no evidence. That show what a dishonest jackass you are.

Again with the petty insult. I don't need to present evidence of your
inadequacy, you do that quite well all by yourself.

Petty insults are wrong unless they come from you. Sorry, Charlie. You
started it. But if you want anyone to believe what you claim you better
present evidence. You have presented no evidence that you have superior
intellect to anyone else and you have presented no evidence of me being
inadequate in any way. The only person you have convinced in yourself.

Nope, anyone who reads your posts can see how shallow they are.

Why would I want to post deep thoughts here? This is where you go with
your shallow thoughts. You sure do.

With the brainpower you claim to have it's hard to believe you can't
write on a professional level. The fact you can't shows what I have
said
about you is true.

No, it shows I've never had a need to develop that skill.

Yeah, you could have been a contender too. But you got screwed. You
don't have the skill because you didn't learn it.

Which is what I said. I didn't nave a need for it.

Not accomplishing a task is a lot different than saying you don't have a
need for it. The reality is you couldn't have gotten a Master's or PhD
not matter how much you tried. You're lacking.

You claim to be far superior than you really are.

No, just far superior to you.

Whatever you call it it's just an unsubstantiated claim.

Only substantiated by what you display in your posts.

Exactly what do you think your posts display about you? That's you're
just average? That's what most of us would say after reading what you
have written. Nothing special here.

You
do that so you can do your fake superiority routine. Too bad for you
that it doesn't work. You have to actually show you are better and you
can't.

Yet I have through out this discussion.

The only person who believes that claim is you.

And those reading these posts.

Yeah, did you take a poll when I was away? Or are you making that up too?

True, I'm not serious in this discussion with you, its more like dealing
with a not very imaginative child.

It could be worse. You could be me and have to deal with someone with
rather sever psychological problems. Someone who is delusional when it
comes to his own abilities and those of others.

Yes, I can see how your having these issues in your personality has
affected your unique view of reality.

Sorry but it's you who's views of reality are so far out of line with
what others think. You are the guy who thinks he on a Mensa level and is
better than others. But you never show that you are. You just talk.

What's funny is to hear your ignorance so prominently displayed. What
you say about me is about as accurate as you saying that Mitt Romney
isn't rich. I've been an avid reader since I was 12 years old.

Why did you wait so long?

It says an "avid" reader since I was 12 not that I wasn't a reader
before that. I'm sure I couldn't match you though, right? Weren't you
reading as an infant?

Nope, didn't have much time for reading until 2nd grade, 7 or 8 years
old. Not so much fiction at first, then I had a year with not much else
to do, started working on the novels in the sanatorium with lots of
looking at the dictionaries and encyclopedias for the new words and
concepts. Learning how to learn.

What a pompous cock and bull story!

Nope, all true. The whole thing then really accelerated in 5th grade
when I discovered SF.

So science fiction changed your life?

I've got at least 20 years of formal education under my belt.

And yet so little wisdom to show for it.

And what do you have to show for you genius at machinery? Certainly
nothing you have shown us here. I can't think of a single gem of wisdom
from you. All that comes out of you is criticism and that is not a sign
of wisdom but of psychological trouble.

Actually I'm just mocking your many pretensions.

My pretensions? Ha, that is a good one coming from you. I concede that
when it comes to over rating your self you're a master.

Naw, pretty well grounded, mostly. I'll never be rich, but never poor
either. Sometimes I briefly wish I had been more money or degree
oriented, but I'm happy with what I do and what I've done.

Keep telling yourself that. You'll feel better when you see how little
you've actually done. How if only you had just FELT like it you would
have accomplished so much more. Tee Hee, when are you going to face the
facts you are not all that and stop acting like you're so special? It
must be hard for you to accept that fact you're just average. Then you
can stop pretending you're better than me.

I would doubt that what you see anyone else does. You come across like
someone who thinks they are awesome.

No, I used to be awesome, but have little time for that now.

Don't have time to be awesome anymore, do you? So what are you doing
instead?

Having to be satisfied with splendid instead of awesome.

So says the guy who says he doesn't pretend he's better than he really is.

Really? Well, you sure act like a know it all.

No, just a lot more than you.

We'll all believe that the minute you prove it.

Which I do with each reply.

All your replies prove is that you're an empty vessel.

You think you know a lot about me. But then every accusation you
make has no basis in fact and no evidence to support it.

Just the evidence you present whenever you post.

You present some meaningful evidence when you post tool. Mainly that you
aren't any smarter or know more than anybody else around here.

Dumber than some, smarter than most, including you. Again, a low hurdle.

Again with that odd echo.

If you aren't any better or any worse than anyone else then why do you
keep presenting yourself as being in the top level of intellect? You
can't be both Either you're superior to most of us intellectually or
you're not. It doesn't appear that you are all that bright. In fact you
can't even get over the low hurdle of my brainpower. So you really are
an idiot.

Everything you say is nothing but your own
biased and ignorant opinions minus the truth. You have a habit of that.
Just making pronouncements and expecting that people accept them as
true. Just one thing, they do need to do true if anyone is going to
believe them. You have a lot of work to do. From now on try to get the
facts first then go from there.

Hawwke-ptooey

I'm just reacting to the utter nonsense you keep spouting. You really
are amusing. I've never seen someone so convinced that a poli sci BA
from an obscure school actually means you have something to contribute
to adult discourse.

In the first place it's only stupidity that would make you think that
simply a college degree gives me the ability to contribute to an adult
discussion.

My point is that you think so, when it obviously doesn't.

But you aren't even bright enough to even know what I think. I know you
are fabricating what I think because you don't know. But the bottom line
is you're making things up as fast as Gummer. We call that kind of thing
lying.

That's the least of it. My formal education is only a very
small part of the whole package. The package you know virtually nothing
about. But your conceit and overconfidence have prevented you from
leaning. All you show in your posts is that you have a lot to learn and
that for all your bragging you aren't half what you purport to be. Of
course, you could always change that by proving some of what you claim.
I won't hold my breath waiting for you to prove anything though.

Hawwke-ptooey

And I'm not going to hold my breath until you show you can contribute as
an adult.

Since you come across as a first class jerk with an out of control ego I
won't be waiting for you to change in any way. You are what you are and
I don't expect to see any improvement. You're in no position to say
anyone else is not an adult. When you grow up you can do that. You have
a ways to go.

Hawke