Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default Chronic plumbing problems

Lately, it has been nothing but one plumbing problem after another in
my house.

My toilet valve doesn't always close completely, and will sometimes
drip-drip-drip into the lower bowl until the next flush.
Two weeks ago, the tub drain plugged up solid.
Last week my kitchen faucet fell apart.

Last night, I was waiting for a load of laundry when I caught a whiff
of musty/poo smell. I went downstairs to investigate, and found a
puddle steadily spreading from the sump crock as the washing machine
drained into it. Frickin' float came loose.

So obviously my plumbing is slowly crumbling... Should I just tear it
all out and start over, or deal with the repeated floodings and
disasters as they come?