Edwin Pawlowski

Default How Wide Should an Outfeed Table be?

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
I am planning to add an outfeed table to my table saw. I am wondering
how wide I should make the outfeed table.

I may need to run a flex hose over that area. That is the reason why I
don't want to extend the outfeed table to cover that area. But I want
to know what I may miss in order to know the trade-off.

My outfeed table is 24" wide. So far it has worked OK for me. If you are
cutting very wide sheet goods the extra width is needed. If you want to cut
a 48" wide sheet of plywood to 47", you need a wide table to handle it. If
you rip a 9" wide board in half, you don't need much width at all. Only you
know what your projects will be.
Ed