Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet wax ring

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 21:19:02 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Jan 21, 2:07Â*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
On 1/21/2012 3:24 PM, wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 10:37:43 -0600, Steve Barker
Â*wrote:

On 1/21/2012 9:54 AM, Hank wrote:
On Jan 20, 10:55 am, Steve Â* wrote:
On 1/20/2012 9:40 AM, Hank wrote:

Has anybody tried the "Sani-Seal" no wax replacement for the toilets
wax ring?

Hank

why fix something that's not broke? Â*The wax seals last forever and do
the job simply.

--
Steve Barker

Unlike you, I ask a question because I want to find an answer. Your
reply was useless and a waste of time for all.

Hank~~~~~ had a leaking wax ring...............duh!

Well "DUH" back at ya! Â*Try a new was ring and keep the toilet tight to
the floor this time. Â*fatass!
Â* Totally uncalled for, Steve. Â*Alternatives to the wax ring are
becoming available for a good reason. The new stuff works. Better than
the wax ring.
I think this is a good forum to discuss these new innovations on.
You don't still drive on steel wheels and drag a stick to stop, or
wipe your ass with your left thumb, do you????

no, no and no. Â*But the steel wheels do have their advantages on
tractors. Â*The farmers in force when the rubber came along thought it
was a pussified stupid idea. Â*The steel ones still have better traction.
Â* And the was ring still works fine and lasts forever as long as the
toilet does not rock like a rocking horse.

--
Steve Barker
remove the "not" from my address to email- Hide quoted text -

Steel does not have better treaction than rubber. If it did you would
for sure see it being used at tractor pulls. I doubt if you can even
buy new steel wheels for tractors these days.

Harry K

Under VERY LIMITTED conditions steel cleated wheels can have better
traction than rubber, but in the VAST MAJORITY of situations one would
encounter with a farm tractor, rubber wins hands down.

However, I was not talking tractors. I was talking basic
transportation. Yes, some of the very conservative Amish sects still
run on iron tires on their buggies - where traction is not an issue -
and a few still run with steel wheels on tractors - believe it or
not..

Most of the world has progressed though, to using rubber tires (and
even air filled), use friction brakes to stop, and use toilet paper to
wipe their hiney.

Progress happens.