Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Motion Detector troubleshooting tip

"Andy" wrote in message
On Jan 19, 11:09 am, "Robert Green"
wrote:
Like many of you, I use X-10 and HF motion detectors outdoors because
they're cheap, mostly waterproof, run a long time on a set of batteries

and
have fairly decent range and they work. I find them very useful in helping
me get to the front door in time to keep a "signatured required" delivery
from turning into an "Attempted Delivery" sticker on my storm door. (-:

stuff snipped

Wouldn't a doorbell be a lot simpler ? :-)

I can't quite get the squirrels and raccoons to use one. The Fedex guy is
long gone if I am in the basement when rings the doorbell. Getting even a
few seconds advance warning is the difference between getting my package or
waving goodbye to the Fedex truck as he pulls away. Besides, a year or two
ago my CCTV/motion detector helped the police catch a night burglar who was
going around to houses in the neighbor to see if any side or basement doors
were unlocked. I suspect he wouldn't have rung the bell, either.

--
Bobby G.