Charles Callaghan

Default Need Ideas in Making Shelf for Wood Shop

Norm had a series several years ago on a whole garage system, with doors.
You may want to look it up and se if you can get a copy. As I remember, it
made sense.

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
I want to make some shelf to store woodworking tools and gardening
materials, and get everything organized in my small one car garage
that is double as a woodshop. What I want a

- In order to protect everything from dust, I want the shelfs to have
doors.

- I want them to be as tall as the garage door in order to store as
much stuff as possible.

- I want to put locking caster wheels under them in order to help me
moving them around on my uneven garage floor in case I need to
re-organize the garage space.

- I want them to be strong enough for storing router, paints,
chemicals, extension cords, bags of left over fertilizer, and potting
soil.

- I don't want them to cost too much.

My questions a

- I want to use plywood. How thick should I use? 1/2" or 3/4"?

- What should I use for the back of the shelf? I understand that it
should be strong enough to hold everything together. But how strong is
strong anyway? Should I use the same material for the sides to make
the back?

- What's the best finish to protect them from the high humidity level
that I may have in the garage?

- Any one has a picture that I can take a look to get some ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jay Chan