Owain

Default Ok, where was my brain..???

"BigWallop" wrote
| The first time I done that was through a 6mm csa, cable feeding
| a cooker unit. I drilled through a door standard with 16mm
| spade bit and not realising there was cable behind it, BANG
| !!! FLASH !!!! WALLOP !!!

Big wallop?

| Me frightened out of my wits and the cooker out of commission
| until we removed the facings and finding out if it was possible
| to run another cable without ruining the rest of the house.
| Ahhh (sigh) those were the days. :-))

I was listening to some music whilst replacing the condensers in an old
AC/DC valve radio (dropper resistor, no transformer) and wondered why the
music crackled every time I soldered something.

Then I realised that the music to which I was listening wasn't from the
hi-fi but the mains-powered radio on which I was currently working.

I don't think I'll ever try television repair.

Owain