Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Landlord Certificates ?

On 22/01/2012 13:54, F wrote:
On 22/01/2012 13:10 Wesley wrote:

"F"news@nowhere wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/01/2012 22:24 the_constructor wrote:

What certificates must a landlord provide a tenant with please. ?

If you're new to letting,
http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/succes...andlording.htm may be useful.
The forum there will get you answers to most 'landlording' questions.

After a bit of Googling, it seems that a lot of landlords are starting to
use on-line only agents whose fees are much lower than the big high
street
companies.

Is that not just for "tenant-find" services though? You really need to
have someone 'on the ground' to liaise with tenants.

I only use an agent to find and check-out a tenant. Though even that
isn't guaranteed to provide an acceptable outcome!

No, indeed: horror stories abound of agents who haven't properly checked
references and credit checks, and then have the nerve to bleat about the
Data Protection Act when the landlord quite rightly demands to see the
original paperwork relating to a subsequently defaulting tenant. Me -
I'd much rather DIY; eg I can take whatever steps I deem necessary to
verify that the employer /landlord sdetails provided by the applicant
are genuine: you can bet your socks that most agents won't bother with that.

David