Steven P

Default How Wide Should an Outfeed Table be?

Barry,

Any chance you can post more pics of the structure of your table. I plan to
do one in the near future and have come up dry looking for plans. I don't
want to re-invent the wheel if I don't have to. I'm just trying to get some
idea of how much structure is needed for adequate support. I plan to use it
as an assembly and perhaps a router table, as well as outfeed.

SteveP

"B a r r y" wrote in message
On 15 Mar 2004 18:53:38 -0800, (Jay Chan) wrote:

extend the outfeed table to cover the right wing of my table saw. Is
that mainly good for left handed people?

Wide panels will twist and turn if not properly supported under the
left side.

I made my outfeed as wide as the entire saw and fence table, and as
wide as required to support an 8 foot board after it comfortably
clears the blade.

http://www.bburke.com/wood/images/outfeed.jpg

Remember, the space under, and in many cases, over the table is
perfectly usable. A large outfeed table can create more space than it
uses. Shelves and/or cabinets can be built over and under the
outfeed. Weight added underneath will make the table more stable.

Barry