Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG[_2_] DanG[_2_] is offline

Default Cement question

On 1/21/2012 2:10 PM, wrote:
Okay, it's he
http://www.brainchampagne.com/Comedy/tempphoto.jpg

The new cement is on the top of the photo, below the drain, then the brown line, then the old cement.

I assume you just had an intake drain installed in an existing slab or
driveway. The workmanship looks top notch to me. How long ago was this
done? You do know it takes concrete 28 days for the initial dry. This
is looking like moisture wicking at the joint, quite normal in my
experience. I may have been inclined to run an edger on the new work
just to disguise the joint and to make it easier on me rather than the
obvious time spent getting a good finish between new and old. The new
concrete and the old concrete will never bond, there will be at least a
hairline crack at the joint. Again, it looks like good work to me.

--

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
remove the seven