Posted to alt.home.repair
croy croy is offline

Default Gotta get them squirrels

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:08:53 -0500, Nil
wrote:

A family of gray squirrels have taken up residence in my attic. I had

[snip]

Any thoughts about what I can do to move them along more quickly?

This may not be as quick as you'd like, but it's important.

When squrrels (or any other population of critters) has a
robust food supply, their population will increase. When
their population increases, the young ones have to find
somewhere to live. As the neighborhood density increases,
so do the fleas and diseases.

If the squirrels are finding bounty in the garbage cans,
bird-feeders, pet food dishes, etc., it will likely become a
problem, now, or in the future.

If you or your neighbors have fruit and/or nut trees, you
have a permanent problem that will likely require, as one
resoponder here put it, "sending back to their maker". It
is solution that requires constant vigilance and effort.

If your release area is a good place for squirrels to live,
then it will already be at capacity before you start
dropping off your refugees. If it's not a good place for
squirrels, the result will be much the same--they will go,
or try to go someplace else.

Educate yourself and your neighbors first, then go after the
particular situation you have with some 1/2" hardware cloth,
applied from the outside.

--
croy