Posted to alt.home.repair
JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST is offline

Default Good old 100W bulbs dirt cheap!

On 1/21/2012 8:07 AM, wrote:

How about outside my front door, where I don't
want to wait 5 mins for it to put out light when it's
cold? Or how about a closet where I only use
it for 2 mins once a week and want light
instantly and a 20 cent bulb is more cost
effective than a $3 one? Or for a decorative
fixture where I think it looks better with the
light from an incandescent? Or for other
applications where I'm tired of the crap shoot
in buying CFLs, not knowing how fast they
will come up to brightness, how long they
will last before they crap out, which in my
experience for many is nowhere near the
number of years claimed. Or maybe I'm
just an environmental extremist and believe
the mercury in them will ruin the planet.
Any of them good enough?

Jesus Christ! It's 2012! Time to toss those incandescents in the trash!
Even the Amish people are using LED headlights and tail lights on their
buggys now.