Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG[_2_] DanG[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: SawStop

On 1/17/2012 10:23 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:
On 1/16/2012 11:05 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Steve Barker" wrote:

I doubt any of them are actually being used in any serious wood fab
shops. I could false trip that junk ******* in less than an hour.
----------------------------------
Since the insurance industry is driving the installation of the
technology, best get on board and embrace it.

It's not going away.

Lew

there will never be one in my shop.

That is certainly your choice. Probably won't be one in mine either, since
I don't see the need to replace my saw. All of that said - Lew is
completely wrong in his statement that the insurance industry is driving
this. Evidence, please...

Another fine mess you've gotten us into . . . brought to you by
lawyers. If you want the facts look up Osario / lawsuit / Ryobi

--

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
remove the seven