Posted to alt.home.repair
Hank[_6_] Hank[_6_] is offline

Default Toilet wax ring

On Jan 21, 11:59*am, Harry K wrote:
On Jan 21, 7:51*am, Hank wrote:

On Jan 20, 12:05*pm, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:40:51 -0800, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 07:40:44 -0800 (PST), Hank
wrote:

Has anybody tried the "Sani-Seal" no wax replacement for the toilets
wax ring?

Hank

I would love to use them as they use an O-ring and can be reused when
to fixture is removed. *I tried one in the master bath, but the drain
pipe has a shallow sweep. *I could not get the unit to seat deep
enough to flush with the floor.

I haven't checked to see if they have modified these waxless units to
work in that situation.

I would use them If I could :-/

Meant to say, the one I tried was a Fluidmaster brand that inserted
into the pipe. Even adjustable I could not get it short enough.

The Sani-Seal looks like a good product and is short, but without the
O-ring.

I ordered the Sani-seal a couple days ago and got it yesterday. No
leaks yet, but time will tell. This product is very user friendly,
easy to install and looks like it will do the job. As of now, I highly
suggest it instead of the wax ring.

Hank- Hide quoted text -

I can't speak to the "sani - seal" but I have used a 'waxless toilet
seal', don't recall the brand name. *Greatest invention since sliced
bread. *Pull and replace toilet *without changing it, no scraping
cruddy wax, no residue left on floor when toilet is pulled, etc. *I
don't know why anyone would use the wax ones except in cases such as
Oren mentioned.

Harry K

After going to Home Depot, Lowes, and the local hardware and plumbing
supply stores, except for Lowes, no one in my area (Central Ohio), had
anything other than the wax ring. They had tons of those. Lowes
carried one waxless type but I didn't like the way it worked. Maybe
the price is why, I don't know. Just seemed strange to me that even
the plumbing supply stores had nevedr even heard of waxless rings.

Hank ~~~~~ going waxless from now on

Hank