Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good old 100W bulbs dirt cheap!

On Jan 21, 9:46*am, George wrote:
On 1/21/2012 8:07 AM, wrote:

On Jan 21, 7:38 am, *wrote:
On 1/20/2012 8:35 AM, wrote:

For those of you who still like plain old bulbs
for certain applications,
I was at HD last night and they have standard
100W incandescent bulbs from Phillips....

16 *for $3!

That's right, Sixteen for $3. *I couldn't believe it
and loaded up. * They had 60 Watt ones too.

Serious question. What use is there for 100w incandescent bulbs? We had
a couple in places like the basement but they were replaced some years
ago with CFLs that work fine.

How about outside my front door, where I don't
want to wait 5 mins for it to put out light when it's
cold? * Or how about a closet where I only use
it for 2 mins once a week and want light
instantly and a 20 cent bulb is more cost
effective than a $3 one? *Or for a decorative
fixture where I think it looks better with the
light from an incandescent? *Or for other
applications where I'm tired of the crap shoot
in buying CFLs, not knowing how fast they
will come up to brightness, how long they
will last before they crap out, which in my
experience for many is nowhere near the
number of years claimed. *Or maybe I'm
just an environmental extremist and believe
the mercury in them will ruin the planet.
Any of them good enough?

Isn't using 100 watt bulbs in a closet and in outside home light a
little risky? *There was a house fire right down the road from us and
the cause was found to be a 100w bulb in a outside residential fixture.

I have found that the cheepo CFLs have all of the issues.- Hide quoted text -

OK, so now you're obviously a troll.