Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Good old 100W bulbs dirt cheap!

On 1/20/2012 6:48 PM, dpb wrote:

The GE $$ invested in the program was in several news stories at the
time they announced they were dropping the effort--your google surely
must work as well as mine.

General Electric is restructuring its lighting business ... The move
directly affects the companies ability to manufacture incandescent
light bulbs ...

The move will affect a number of facilities and positions globally,
including: the closing of all lighting operations in Rio de Janeiro,
Brazil, impacting approximately 900 jobs, and the closing of some
lighting operations in the U.S., impacting approximately 425 jobs.

The move is a continuation of recent activity that included facility
closures, work transfers, layoffs and the sale of operations at GE
sites in Europe, China, Indonesia, the U.S., Latin America, and India
that impacted more than 3,000 positions.

“The restructuring we are proposing, while very difficult due to the
impact on employees, would be one of the most important things we’ve
done in the 100-plus-year history of GE’s lighting business,” said
Jim Campbell, president & CEO of GE’s consumer & industrial division,
in a release.

Over the last four years, GE says it has invested more than $200
million in energy-efficient lighting.