Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default How can I tell whether speaker wire is 14 gauge?

ChrisCoaster wrote:
_______
You sure this stuff isn't frm Monster? They're notorious for not
putting gauge on their speaker wire. That's why I dont buy anything
from them!

Heh! Want to have some fun? Read the letter from Tartan Cable's president to
the lawyers representing Monster Cable. Here's a couple of bits:

"Dear Monster Lawyers,

"Let me begin by stating, without equivocation, that I have no interest
whatsoever in infringing upon any intellectual property belonging to Monster
Cable. Indeed, the less my customers think my products resemble Monster's,
in form or in function, the better."

and

"I say this because my observation has been that Monster Cable typically
operates in a hit-and-run fashion. Your client threatens litigation,
expecting the victim to panic and plead for mercy; and what follows is a
quickie negotiation session that ends with payment and a licensing
agreement. Your client then uses this collection of licensing agreements to
convince others under similar threat to accede to its demands. Let me be
clear about this: there are only two ways for you to get anything out of me.
You will either need to (1) convince me that I have infringed, or (2) obtain
a final judgment to that effect from a court of competent jurisdiction."

Read the whole (long) thing:
http://www.audioholics.com/news/indu...s-strikes-back