Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How can I tell whether speaker wire is 14 gauge?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:36:20 -0500, John Gilmer
wrote:

Bobby G.
_______
You sure this stuff isn't frm Monster? They're notorious for not
putting gauge on their speaker wire. That's why I dont buy anything
from them!

-CC

Not because their stuff is terribly over-proced????

Tee hee!

The "Monster" folks like to push wires with a thick layer of transparent
plastic insulation. It makes the copper wire inside look larger.
They figured out that clear plastic is less expensive than copper.

Other companies sell battery jumper cables like that too. I'm sure
you can see the actual wire in the alliagor clip, but I'll bet most
don't look.