Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Actuary work

" wrote in
:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 00:54:42 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Jan 19, 9:34*pm, Han wrote:
harry wrote in news:e1b37b0a-91a8-419e-af63-
:

I never buy insurance except for stuff I couldn't afford to
replace (house) and what I legally have to (car)

Don't you have compulsory health insurance of some dubious quality?

It's not considered insurance over here. it's considered to be a
right.

The difference is that no-one is making a profit out of someone elses
bad fortune. We consider that to be immoral.

Oh, your doctors work for free?

No they don't work for free, but some work more for helping people,
rather than getting rich and/or playing the insurance and the patient.
At least that was what the trauma surgeon said more or less. The one
that repaired my badly fractured leg in Holland. I got 2 plates and a
dozen or so screws in my right leg after both tibia and fibula broke just
above the ankle. Less than $10K total, including the ambulance. I was
traveling again after 3 days.

--
Best regards
Han