Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default gummer dweeber - no military service

On 1/17/2012 5:00 PM, wrote:
On Jan 17, 3:45 pm, wrote:

Is there any reason to believe the men in this group are going to have
higher intelligence than any other newsgroup you can think of? If so, why?

Do not know about a lot of other usegroups. But there have been a
number of really sharp people post in RCM Some are no longer with is
as Jim Pentagrid, Teenut, Jim Rqsen, Bob Powell, Fitch, Jeff Wisna. I
will not get started on those that are still posting here. TMTC.
That stands for Too Many To Count, usually used on lab reports of
bacteria found.

That sounds rational but is it true? Do brainy people only hang out with
other brainy types? Do average people not have friends that are really
smart? I'm not sure. I think who your friends are is more a reflection
of what kind of personality you have rather than how high is your
intellectual capacity. I've had some really smart friends and some
really dumb ones too. I'll bet everyone else can say that too. So I'm
not too sure that everyone sticks to their own intellectual level for
who they wind up friends with. It seems random to me.

It may be more random in your case. In my case I have mostly
associated with smart people because I was around them and smart
people are generally more interesting at least to me. I do not have
any really dumb friends.

Well, you're missing out. Some of them can be really funny. And lots of
people with really good personalities are not the brainy types. In fact,
I'd say my experience is the opposite. Most of the time really brainy
people are no fun to be around.

Hawke