Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Toilet wax ring

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:40:51 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 07:40:44 -0800 (PST), Hank
wrote:

Has anybody tried the "Sani-Seal" no wax replacement for the toilets
wax ring?

Hank

I would love to use them as they use an O-ring and can be reused when
to fixture is removed. I tried one in the master bath, but the drain
pipe has a shallow sweep. I could not get the unit to seat deep
enough to flush with the floor.

I haven't checked to see if they have modified these waxless units to
work in that situation.

I would use them If I could :-/

Meant to say, the one I tried was a Fluidmaster brand that inserted
into the pipe. Even adjustable I could not get it short enough.

The Sani-Seal looks like a good product and is short, but without the
O-ring.