Mike in Mystic

Default How Wide Should an Outfeed Table be?

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
I am planning to add an outfeed table to my table saw. I am wondering
how wide I should make the outfeed table.

As others have said, it is really up to you and depends on your
preferences/needs.

I have a Unisaw with two cast iron wings, as well as the side table for the
50" Biesemeyer fence. I made a folding outfeed table using a sheet of
melamine. It covers the full width of the cast iron (40") plus 8" more to
the right. I don't recall the exact depth, but I have 12", IIRC, of fixed
outfeed table, and the rest folds down, but is bout 6" off the floor.
Anyway, this has been invaluable, as I often rip down full sheets of plywood
or MDF.

Mike