Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vinyl Siding

On Jan 20, 7:50*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
Hello Experts! I recently purchased a house and know it will need a
new paint job within the coming year. I would rather install vinyl
siding and be done with it. I will not be doing the job myself, but am
curious to find out how much something like this would cost. I would
rather pay a bit more for a better job, but I don't want to pay a
fortune. What would a fair price be for this kind of job? Here is a
picture of the property:
http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/...tion=view&curr....

Note: I did purchase both sides of the duplex and will not be covering
the brick on the front.

*That house has some character. It would be a shame to clad it in a sterile
wrap. *I would get prices for a good paint job that includes a lot of prep
work in order to get a long lasting finish.

I agree with those saying to continue with paint. The
siding looks great, the paint is still in good shape. A
good paint job done right can last 10 years. And you
don't have all that much to paint, not a lot of trim, etc.
IMO real wood looks far better than siding. Siding
is less expensive and doesn't require painting, but
just doesn't look like wood.