Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Vinyl Siding

On 1/19/2012 11:40 PM, Joe wrote:
On Jan 19, 9:25 pm, wrote:
Hello Experts! I recently purchased a house and know it will need a
new paint job within the coming year. I would rather install vinyl
siding and be done with it. I will not be doing the job myself, but am
curious to find out how much something like this would cost. I would
rather pay a bit more for a better job, but I don't want to pay a
fortune. What would a fair price be for this kind of job? Here is a
picture of the property:http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/...tion=view&curr...

Note: I did purchase both sides of the duplex and will not be covering
the brick on the front.

Get quotes on painting. Get quotes on vinyl siding. The latter are
usually very competitive with so many firms in the business, and the
installers are usually quite competent and quick. The paint will look
better, the vinyl last somewhat longer. Make your decision on which
you value most.
if it were mine, I'd paint it.

Joe

What kind of siding is that? Looks too new to be asbestos, maybe not?
If it is asbestos it's fine where it is, but does it become hazmat when
removed?