Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Insulation - too much or not enough?

sweetheart wrote:

As most of you know I have had an ongoing issue with damp(condensation) for
sometime. Its in most of the N/NE rooms in winter especially the kitchen.
I have a de humidifier and a fan heater in the kitchen now to no avail. I
still have mould returning.

The kitchen is
always sopping wet on the door and walls around the door and on the window.
They are wooden frames on the double glazed windows and door is wooden. The
door is full of mould and is rotten and needs replacing. I am thinking to do
it in plastic ( and do the window just to match) Now am I asking for more
trouble or less if I do this? What do you think?

How about heat recovery ventilators, something along the lines of
http://www.dealec.com/acatalog/vent_...00w_range.html

This would get fresh air in, moist air out, without losing all
the heat.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK