Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_3_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_3_] is offline

Default Insulation - too much or not enough?

On 20/01/2012 08:57, sweetheart wrote:

By the way, I barely cook , I don't run many things - washing once a
week and dishwasher three times a week and not a lot else most of the
time - so where does the water vapour come from?

Not opening a window when showering even if a fan is running, without a
bathroom (or other) window open the fan won't do it's job.

If your dishwasher is anything like ours when you open the door after a
cycle you are hit with clouds of steam. That's gotta go somewhere...

Blocked gutters? go outside when it's pouring down and make sure the
water is going down the inside of the pipes (not visible)

How do you dry your washing/wet towels etc?

As others have said, a proper dehumidifier will cure the symptoms,
however if there's a lot of damp to clear it might run continuously day
and night for several weeks before getting things under control.

Wet washing on an indoor airer/line/horse is a killer without a
dehumidifier. Just because the DH fan is spinning doesn't mean the
compressor is working. I empty ours every 3 or 4 days at the moment but
it's on all the time and kicks in and out adjusting Relative Humidity to
ambient temerature.