Jay Chan

Default How Wide Should an Outfeed Table be?

I am planning to add an outfeed table to my table saw. I am wondering
how wide I should make the outfeed table.

My table saw has three sides: The center that is where the saw blade
and the two tracks are, the left wing, and the right wing. I can
understand the benefit of having outfeed table to cover the center
area, and the left wing. But I don't understand why I may need to
extend the outfeed table to cover the right wing of my table saw. Is
that mainly good for left handed people?

I guess I can use the large outfeed table to double as an assembling
table. But I don't have a pressing need for such a large assembling
table.

I may need to run a flex hose over that area. That is the reason why I
don't want to extend the outfeed table to cover that area. But I want
to know what I may miss in order to know the trade-off.

Thanks.

Jay Chan