Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Gotta get them squirrels

Dan Espen wrote:
"Bob F" writes:

Nil wrote:
A family of gray squirrels have taken up residence in my attic. I
had been hearing them for a week or two, but I figured they were on
the roof, because I didn't think there was any place in the attic
for the sustained galloping I was hearing. However, last week I
went up there in the daytime and I could see that they had chewed a
hole in the fascia by the rain gutter, and I actually saw one of
the *******s in the hole. Apparently there's a long running area
along the eaves.

My solution was to prune back all nearby trees so they had no access
to the roof. They can jump off, but can't get back.

You must have wimpy squirrels.
Ours can walk up the side of a house with no problems.

Just kidding (a little). The lack of trees is sure to help.

I've seen them get a couple of stories up the side of an office
building. Nothing but smooth cement.

Then can use wires also, but that also can be fixed.

"Smooth" concrete may not be that smooth.