Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
beryl beryl is offline

Default How far could a golf ball be propelled at STP?

Gummer:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 23:46:30 -0800, wrote:
Gummer:

Which smoking crater? You really dont know any type of engineering at
all do you?

The charge belongs on the back of the club head, as I said.

On the Back of the club head???

I have a better solution for you.
The problem is, you can /intend/ your swing to deliver either maximum
power, or best accuracy. But not both. How many times have you wound up,
then clubbed the ground 8" behind the ball with a wild swing? Plenty
embarrassing, yeah. So you make sure to actually hit the ball on your
next attempt, and you're a little timid.
What's needed isn't more power, but a way to accurately apply all of the
power that you're capable of unleashing.

We're going to use an inertial guidance system.
Place the club head right up against the ball, right where you want it
to make contact. Now, push a button, wait for the LED indicator to glow
steady, and your club is initialized. That's it. No explosives, no
drama, just wail on the ball with all you've got and the system commands
the club head to return to *exactly* the position where it was
initialized. Sweet.