Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Gotta get them squirrels

Nil wrote:

-snip-
I bought a Havahart trap (model #1030). I baited it with bread 'n
peanut butter. The trap got sprung a couple of times, but I finally
caught one of them. I drove it about 5 miles away and released it in
the woods. I'm not sure it will survive in this cold winter weather,
but I don't much care. Two down.

The only humane [and legal in most areas] place to release them is at
the bottom of a body of water.
-snip-

Any thoughts about what I can do to move them along more quickly?

search for squirrel or rat trap ideas. The internet and this
newsgroup are littered with them. The box trap is as good as any.

I was just musing this morning about setting out a few claymores for
the *******s that raid my bird feeders in winter and ruin my fruit and
vegetable crops in the summer.

I'll stick with box traps, drowning traps, and pellet guns for now.

Jim