Posted to rec.woodworking

Default transport of 16 foot 4x4's with stationwagon?

Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

It matters, but my little truck only gets 15MPG, on a good day )4WD
kills gas mileage).

Look around the console; there ought to be a lever or something that
takes it out of 4WD.

My little truck got 25MPG hauling a load of lumber on the freeway
the one time I measured it. It's got a pretty tiny engine
though.

Geezus - my truck would need to be coasting down hill the whole trip to ever
get 25 mpg. 15 is tops for mine, but it gets that no matter what the
circumstances. Until I put it into 4WD... This time of year it spends most
of its time in 4 Low and that is painful - 5 to 6 mpg at the best.

--

-Mike-