Posted to rec.woodworking

Default transport of 16 foot 4x4's with stationwagon?

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 06:35:10 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

I might try that, but it sounds scary (suspension moving around under
there). It is a Ranger 4x4 (that hasn't been in 4WD since I moved
from Vermont to Alabama ;-).

Shouldn't be a problem. You're going to tie the load up to the truck, so it
will move with the body. No issues with suspension movement.

Why not? It is moving relative to the body (springs, shocks, axles, transfer
case, drive shaft,...).

I have to admit, when someone posted this idea (or having seen someone do
it), I thought this was the most clever of the ideas.

I'd thought about it, but was wondering about the suspension, since it *is*
moving around down there.