Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
John S[_4_] John S[_4_] is offline

Default Abate Holding Your Breath...Thompson's Design

On 1/18/2012 4:24 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:43:18 -0500, "P E
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message

I asked for a description of WHAT you were trying to do. Schematics
and PCB layout did me no good, so I helped others.

I had sent you a fairly complete project outline
ETI_Next_Gen_Test_Set_PI-200.doc with my initial contact email sent on
December 18. But that was rather comprehensive and included the entire
design, whereas I later condensed my requirements to just the high-isolation
DC-DC converter, which mostly involved the transformer design and the driver
to obtain about 6-9 VDC at 300 mA from a 12VDC supply.

[snip]

My specialty is circuit design, primarily chips, so I can't help on
transformers. I was specifically wondering what you were trying to
accomplish with the SCR... particularly wondering if there wasn't
possibly a better way to hold current thru the zero crossing.

Larkin? He made a snarky remark about MIT, and how his wife, while at
BU, waited tables and thought MIT types were geeks (of course we are
:-). I truthfully remarked that, at MIT frats across the river, they
had telescopes set up to watch the BU gals parading at their open
dormitory windows, showing off their wares. I also asked for the
names of the restaurants she supposedly waited at table. They drove
Larkin into one of his mentally defective states, and he's not let up
since. (And I think he made up the part about waiting tables... he
still hasn't provided any restaurant names.)

...Jim Thompson

Jim, you know that JL can't resist replying to your post (above). Let it
go, and I feel fairly certain that you will be one-up with the group, if
that matters.

John S