Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Abate Holding Your Breath...Thompson's Design

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:43:18 -0500, "P E Schoen"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
.. .

I asked for a description of WHAT you were trying to do. Schematics
and PCB layout did me no good, so I helped others.

I had sent you a fairly complete project outline
ETI_Next_Gen_Test_Set_PI-200.doc with my initial contact email sent on
December 18. But that was rather comprehensive and included the entire
design, whereas I later condensed my requirements to just the high-isolation
DC-DC converter, which mostly involved the transformer design and the driver
to obtain about 6-9 VDC at 300 mA from a 12VDC supply.

[snip]

My specialty is circuit design, primarily chips, so I can't help on
transformers. I was specifically wondering what you were trying to
accomplish with the SCR... particularly wondering if there wasn't
possibly a better way to hold current thru the zero crossing.

Larkin? He made a snarky remark about MIT, and how his wife, while at
BU, waited tables and thought MIT types were geeks (of course we are
:-). I truthfully remarked that, at MIT frats across the river, they
had telescopes set up to watch the BU gals parading at their open
dormitory windows, showing off their wares. I also asked for the
names of the restaurants she supposedly waited at table. They drove
Larkin into one of his mentally defective states, and he's not let up
since. (And I think he made up the part about waiting tables... he
still hasn't provided any restaurant names.)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |