Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Abate Holding Your Breath...Thompson's Design

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:04:39 -0500, "P E Schoen"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
.. .

Because I say so. Prove me wrong.

Jim, I'm not getting into this stupid ****ing match. But, erm, shouldn't you
be working on your mid-January project,

Starts Monday. Right now I'm revamping my office layout to fit in
some more file cabinets and storage.

rather than trading verbal volleys
with John? And, uh, what about your offer of free consulting, which I took
you up on a month ago? I had hoped to get at least a "little" bit more than
I paid for.

I asked for a description of WHAT you were trying to do. Schematics
and PCB layout did me no good, so I helped others.

The design is basically done, and I'm in the process of testing
some of the subcircuits and getting bobbins and ferrite cores for the
transformers. And I realize that my project is much more than a few hours
work. But what I WOULD like is at least a simple critique of my design for
the high-isolation DC-DC converter, and perhaps your official blessing (or
not) based on your PE credentials. I want to have some assurance that there
will be no design-related problems in the future from the 480V 200A mains
power jumping into the control circuitry and creating a big mess.

And if your advice and critique are sufficiently professional and valuable,
I may be interested in additional consulting work for which I would pay a
reasonable amount. Can you at least generate a report based on the material
I provided?

Tell me WHAT your circuit is supposed to accomplish, and I'll give it
a quick shot.

I didn't know that anyone here cares what I think ;-)

Please?

Paul
www.pstech-inc.com
www.etiinc.com (customer for whom I am doing this PI-200 project)