Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Abate Holding Your Breath...Thompson's Design

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:40:13 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

And you're still clueless about why the dynamo won't work into an
auto-transformer.

I asked about that transformer. (Which is not an autotransformer is it? It
has 2 coils.)

An autotransformer simply is a winding-use expression. Think of a
simple 1:1 transformer, but connect the winding in series (minding the
"dots" :-) I assumed "perfect", K=1, and manipulated only inductance.
Input is end-to-end, output is across only one winding.

IF (and that's a big IF in my mind) the Magdowski dynamo model is
correct, an auto-transformer buys you only something on the order of
20% output current improvement.

But Larkin did ask you to critique his architecture, and I pointed out that
if you just did that we could move along. So why don't you both explain why
it's necessary, or won't work, instead of this "you first".

He claims, I asserted not. He won't/can't prove me wrong. But he
will continue to be crude. (I don't care, it's sort of fun... wonder
when he'll mentally crack ;-)

Unless you want to make it a private conversation in which case you should
do it via email.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |