Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CFL blew out, literally

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:41:11 -0500, "Tomsic" wrote:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
(Fake ID) writes:

I got the autofucos issues worked out on my PointOrShoot camera and
took some pictures of the aftermath. The macro mode images of the blown
DIP look even more dramatic than with the naked eye.
Some rudimentary html and the images can be found at:

http://www.sonic.net/~mball/CFL/

Neat, thanks.

--
Dan Espen

Yes, great pix. Looks like it may have been the electronics rather than the
usual capacitor failure; but it looks like a normal failure. I don't like
the part about the lamp coming off the base; but other than being a bit
startling, the failure does't appear likely to be extensive enough to cause
damage or hurt someone.

Tomsic

The chip that has the leg blown off it is the electronic ballast
control chip. (uba2021p) - looks like the connection to the resistor
beside it overheated and opened up causing the chip to lock on,
vapourizing the lead..

Pin 9 is the current monitor . Looks like it is pin 9 that has blown
off.