Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Blades

On 1/17/2012 10:48 PM, Steve B wrote:
I am getting an idea of how to make a wire stripper. I will need blades of
some sort. Something that is very sharp, and that will stay sharp, and take
abuse. I want to find something out of a used machine of some type. My
friend also bought a small stripper that uses what looks to be a blade out
of a copper tubing cutter. It has drive gears to push the wire through an
opening, and the blade slices the coating. I was wondering about something
like that, or driving it over a stationary slicing blade to skin off just so
much. Any suggestions? Ideas?

Steve

www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com

How much volume? The BIG users of wire that need it stripped use
machines that use wire brushes to quickly and accurately strip wire.
It's simply two brushes that rotate against each other and the wire is
inserted and held between them and ZING---wire is stripped. I don't
make these but I handle them.

http://www.osborn.com/ProductDetail....125&OverStock=
http://www.osborn.com/XTab.aspx?cat=... &grp=231TT12