Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mike[_12_] mike[_12_] is offline

Default using 1/8" 6061 for aluminum radiator?

Wild_Bill wrote:

As mentioned previously, aftermarket trans oil coolers are widely available,
and fairly easy to install.

Hey WB,

I'm afraid that's a red herring I introduced a few posts ago - I was
just thinking
that it'd be good for the OP to get away from one of those crimped-
together radiators,
I think that's what he has.

I once had 2 Olds', a deluxe '84 model and a less fancy '83
model; the '84's radiator had soldered-on brass side tanks and the
'83 had the crimped on
plastic tanks, which had a slow leak. At first the '83 was a parts
car, I removed numerous items
from it and put 'em on the '84 9daily driver); then, after I let the
antifreeze get too old, the '83
became the daily driver and I had to move all the good parts over to
it.

Fixing bad designs is generally a lot of effort.. sometimes effective and
worthwhile, sometimes not.

These days it seems that most of the crap-designers/producers just
figure on producing crap
for a few years, then they'll have a name change and produce some more
of their crap,
on and on and on...