Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Necessary to cover top of central AC intake in winter?

On Jan 17, 11:20*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Bernt Berger wrote:
On 1/17/2012 9:31 AM, Name Classified wrote:

I was driving around my neighborhood yesterday and I saw that some
people in my neighborhood had their AC units covered, just the top,
with plastic.

Those people are the same nutcakes that put cutesy little sweaters and
booties on their dogs when they take them for a walk. Don't cover your
AC/condenser unless you want people to think you're a nutcake too.

Hmmm,
Manufacturer, in my case Carrier must be nutcake. Custom fit cover was
included in the system installation kit, very well made thick Tyvec
fabric kind.

Does it cover the entire unit or just the top or go just
part way down the sides? If they cover the whole thing,
then I'd say they are nuts, as well as way overpriced
compared to similar eqpt. I'd want some airflow under
the cover to prevent moisture accumulating.