Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default "If Fred prayed Twice Per Day..."

On 1/15/2012 10:23 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message
On 1/15/2012 9:44 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"Harry K" wrote in message

On Jan 14, 2:26 am, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Jan 13, 10:34 pm, Harry K wrote:

On Jan 13, 10:43 am, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 13, 10:35 am, Tony Miklos
wrote:

On 1/13/2012 10:53 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

On Jan 13, 8:27 am, Tony
wrote:

Hey! The bible was written by the same people who said
the
earth was
flat. It's got to be true!

You're showing your ignorance. Genesis/Creation refers to
the
"Great
Dome" of the Earth (its atmosphere).

Now you are showing your ignorance. A dome is not the same
as a
sphere
A dome would refer to the atmosphere of a flat Earth. The
bottom of a
dome would be flat.

Your interpretation...hope you don't choke on it!

He won't because he is correct.

"Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome

A dome is a structural element of architecture that resembles
the
hollow upper half of a sphere..."

Harry K

Your explanation didn't say anything about the flat base
though...did
it?- Hide quoted text -

what part of "top half" did you miss? Clue: the bottom would be
flat.n It it isn't clear enought, grab a ball and cut it in half.

NOPE
What if your "platform is NOT through the center of the sphere ?
Would the curved part be less of a "dome" for all that ?
Funny how doing a search for "geodesic dome" brings your pictures
of
partial and COMPLETE spheres...

http://www.google.com/search?q=geode...w=1050&bih=581

No one here described the atmosphere as a geodesic dome, try the
definition of dome silly.

Whooosh.
So tell me, can you actually hear the sound made by a concept that
goes
in of your ears, out the other and never slows down in between ?
Or are we talking about vacuum between your ears ?

A geodesic "dome" IS a "dome, silly
So if a geodesic dome happens to be more or less than "half a
sphere",
is it less of a "Dome" for all that ??

A dome by definition is NOT restricted to the curved form of
HALF of a sphere
as originally claimed
It would be the inside or outside curved surface ANYWHERE between
1 = "sphere" 0

It is also NOT depended on the shape of any base that the sphere
may be
attached to, or apparently resting on.

Draw a picture of the spherical earth we live on with a domed
atmosphere around it and post a link.

LOL
Here's something easier to do
Get yourself on a boat in the middle of the ocean, with no land in
sight
Look around you and tell us that the atmosphere does not form a dome
around you, with the ocean as the flat base.
Then tell yourself the atmosphere above you, or the earth under you is
no a sphere.

Of course is would look that way, that's why back then they thought
the earth was flat. It sounds like you don't know it, but you are
agreeing with me. If not, go ahead and draw that picture I asked, I'd
love to see it.

You can always hope that I agree with your flawed and circular logic
But it ain't going to happen soon.

As to your picture.
I leave that for those who are still in childish thought processes and
need pictures

It's sad when one can't admit when they can't do something. I've decided
not to read your rubbish anymore, goodbye.

I'm even sadder to see an idiot unable to grasp a simple concept difference
like between "can't" and "won't".
Or the fact that a dome is NOT the flat part, if there is one.