Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Actuary work

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:46:52 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

IMO, you're beter off with no extended warranty. *That way your a self
insurer and you get to keep the profit you'll likely make. *If you
really can't afford another fridge when this one breaks, buy a
second-hand one.

Exactly so.
In the UK a couple of years back, when you bought anything, the
salesperson would spend the next few minutes trying to sell insurance.
It's stopped now, I think everyone wised up.

Mind you,some manufacturers are offering "lifetime guarantees".
Wonder exactly what that means?

I just bought a new Netgear router for $80 and it has a lifetime
warranty. Of course, the clerk asked if I wanted an extended warranty
for $9.