Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default O/T: SawStop

On 1/17/2012 12:33 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:42:12 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 06:51:07 -0600, Leon wrote:

I doubt any of them are actually being used in any serious wood fab
shops. I could false trip that junk ******* in less than an hour.

You would be wrong to doubt that. Google to find comments from
commercial shop owners.

Indeed. I know of one local commercial cabinet shop that had over 10 of
them the last time I talked to them about 3 years ago. They probably
have more by now.

Their employees do repetitive work all day and get careless. According
to their equipment maintenance guy, he replaces a SawStop cartridge about
once a month. According to him, they've paid for the saws many times in
reduced Workmans Comp claims.

What did he say about cost of damaged blades, hmmm?

Since the saws have paid for themselves many times over as stated, the
cost of the blade does not matter. Not to mention that it is a
commercial shop and they probably wear blades out much more often than
they damage one.