Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default Audio cassette alignment tape

On Jan 17, 5:18*pm, klem kedidelhopper
wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get an audio cassette alignment tape of
good quality at a reasonable price? I have heard that the ones sold by
places like MCM and Electronix and on Ebay are crap. Teac used to make
them but I don't have any further information as to if they still do
or the cost. Thanks, Lenny

You can make one if you have a high-quality tape deck, Just record
some of the higher frequencies in the range of 4K and above, and use
that to align your subject tape heads. Should be no problem if you
have a audio generator and a good tape deck to make the master
alignment tape.