Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Mold remediation

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"Robert Green" writes:

What is the best way to clean up mold? My shed developed a leak and
everything inside is now covered with a greenish, powdery mold. I've
patched up the leak and started wiping down things with rags moistened

with
Clorox. When that's done, I wonder what else I should do. I have a
portable dehumidifier, a space heater and some powerful fans. I recall
seeing (here I think) that I should acquire a UV device to kill any

remain
spores.

Any and all ideas appreciated.

For an outside shed, you've done enough.

Not if makes my wife cough to enter it.

It makes my wife cough to enter it.

The great outdoors can't and shouldn't be cleansed of mold.

It turns out that the very unused of late car with a sunroof is now a car
with a sunroof that's full of mold. We has some long days of rain and the
sunroof drain apparently plugged up. The rubber's 20 years old so an
impressive amount of water entered the car. It's close to becoming a tax
donation, but it was the first car I ever bought for cash and I've got a
sentimental attachment to it. It will have to be cleaned no matter what I
do with it. What amazes me is how fast it all bloomed. Anyway I am in full
scale mold removal mode and kind of wondering why it's so florid.

I'm putting a small space heater to either cook the mold or explode the car
right after I type this. I've got a little ionizer I could use, but I don't
think it will be enough. It seems 2012 is the year of the "War on Mold."

Thanks for your input, though. I'm coughing, too. (-: The War on Mold
begins . . .

--
Bobby G.