Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Which circuit?

On Jan 16, 4:59*pm, LouB wrote:
My range hood vent died recently so I decided to replace it.
BUT the circuits in the breaker box are poorly marked.
Just want to know if I am correct inassuming the 240 volts to the stove
would not normally be somehow split to power the 120 volt range hood.
Any hints on the project?

Tia

Lou

Whenever I want to locate a breaker I use a little circuit I made up
to power a Sonalert. These things are loud and can be heard next door.
One of the side effects of this the device is that the sound is so
obnoxious it will motivate people in the house to help you when they
otherwise would not. If the Sonalert isnt loud enough get a Klaxon
horn. The neighbors will come over and help.

Jimmie